Cyberspace has a growing cyber junk problem
Cyberspace is becoming more and more congested and polluted by scamsters and their bots, and you're no longer just an innocent bystander, they rely on your passivity.
"How much evidence do we need before we take action"
Below is a small sample of the symptoms that reveal the sick state of the internet and that indeed all is not well in cyberland.
- Literally every day the tech section on news sites tell a story of the core corruption, fake workings or cooked books of house-hold brands and media platforms.
- I personally admin 80+ Facebook business groups, no exaggeration to say that at least 50% of users asking to join are obviously fake or very incomplete humans.
- The legitimate content on social media and other platforms is rapidly dwindling to the point of why bother posting or visiting there.
- These post to sites are now dominated by bot generated posts that are mostly trash looking to influence metrics to generate ad spend.
- Fake users and fake content equals false metrics, thus only the gamers of the system are rewarded. Here is an article that illustrates this phenomenon perfectly.
- The attitude that vanity metrics are all that matters means we live in an increasingly fake world controlled by the devious, i.e lies rule!
- Like all things fake, cyber junk, clickbait and incessant attention-grabbing posting has no real or lasting value. It's just an exercise in futility that wastes everyone's time.
- Cyber junk is now so endemic and obvious that why even bother writing about it, who's listening anyway? Who cares?
- We should care, we are paying for it in an obscure way. Look at history, when society standards break down, the society breaks down, chaos reigns and we all pay.
- If we choose to become indifferent just like the bots that influence, herd and control us, then don't complain if we are treated like one.
- Give a darn, seek out and support individuals, brands and platforms that still care about truth and integrity. The next generation will thank you and it's easy to do, simply refuse to be suckered.
Here's the good part, we like a few others are endeavouring to build a virtual world where individuals, entrepreneurs and small business owners can honestly network, promote, deal and trade with one another resulting in mutual growth, reciprocity and prosperity. Our growth is natural and organic which means it is slow but it is also authentic and long lasting.
"The more we rely on the internet, the more vigilant we must be"
View our Entrepreneur Articles on our vision to build up local small business.
Regards, Justin Grounds.
Founder & Admin