Cyberspace has a growing cyber junk problem
Cyberspace is becoming more and more congested and polluted by scamsters and their bots, and we're no longer just innocent bystanders, they rely on our passivity.
How much evidence do we need before we take action
Below is a small sample of the symptoms that reveal the sick state of the internet and that indeed all is not well in cyberland.
- Literally every day the tech section on news sites tell a story of the core corruption, fake inner workings or cooked books of house-hold brand corporations and media platforms.
- I personally admin 80+ Facebook business groups, no exaggeration to say that at least 60% of users asking to join are obviously fake or very strange human beings.
- The legitimate content on social media and news platforms is rapidly dwindling to the point of why bother posting or visiting there if you want real content and engagement.
- These posting enabled sites are now dominated by bot generated posts and comments that are mostly of no value and only looking to influence metrics to generate more ad spend.
- Fake users and fake content equals false metrics, thus only the gamers of the system are rewarded. Here is an article that illustrates this phenomenon perfectly.
- The attitude that vanity metrics are all that matters means we live in an increasingly fake world controlled by the devious, i.e liars dominate the day.
- Like all things fake, cyber junk, clickbait and incessant attention-grabbing posting has no real or lasting value. It's just an exercise in futility that wastes everyone's time.
- Cyber junk is now so endemic and obvious that why even bother writing about it, who's listening anyway? Who cares?
- We should care, we are paying for it in an obscure way. Look at history, when society standards break down, the society breaks down, chaos reigns and we all pay one way or another.
- If we choose to become indifferent just like the bots that influence, herd and control us, then don't complain if we are treated like bots or as products and useful idiots.
- Give a darn, put your money where your mouth is and seek out and support individuals, brands and platforms that still care about truth and integrity. The next generation will thank you and it's easy to do, simply do your due diligence and refuse to be suckered again.
Here's the good part, we like a few others are endeavouring to build virtual villages where individuals, entrepreneurs and small business owners can authentically network, promote, deal and trade with one another resulting in mutual growth, reciprocity and prosperity. Our growth is natural and organic which means it is slow but it is also real and long lasting.
The more we rely on the internet, the more vigilant we must be
If you blog or write about any subject related to entrepreneurs, small business, digital marketing, alternative media or related developing trends in society. Please contact and share them with us as we seek suitable articles and resources to share with our network.
View our Entrepreneur Articles on our vision to build up local small business.
Regards, Justin Grounds.
Founder & Admin
Publish your article and easily share it to social media and capture comments to start conversations. You can either join our network and use the News tool and select your type of article, or use the Admin icon on all our article pages to publish without joining. You can also edit, refresh, deactivate or delete it on the article page. It can cover any genre, topic or subject as we are a free thinking network.